Computer Vision Engineer - SLAM/SfM
Vision being the dominant human sense, eye tracking constitutes a powerful approach for understanding the human mind! At Pupil Labs, our mission is to provide cutting-edge eye-tracking solutions, which are more robust, accurate, accessible, and user-friendly than ever before. Already today, our products empower thousands of users in academia and industry, clinical surgeons, elite athletes, astronauts on the international space station, and many more. Unlocking the full potential of eye-tracking technology relies on solving hard research problems, ranging from core gaze-estimation algorithms to developing cloud-based algorithmic tools allowing for the high-level analysis of terabytes of egocentric video data (e.g. semantic segmentation, pose estimation, action recognition, SLAM, SfM, …).
The interdisciplinary R&D team at Pupil Labs, comprising members with backgrounds in Computer Science, Computational Neuroscience, Mathematics, and Physics, is tackling these challenges head on! In close collaboration with other engineering teams, we identify promising R&D avenues and take pride in seeing our results being swiftly integrated into the latest products shipped to our customers.
To support our efforts, we are looking to grow our R&D team in Berlin with a full-time Computer Vision Engineer with a strong background in SLAM/SfM. This is an on-site position (with two home-office days per week).
Pupil Labs offers a competitive salary, flexible work arrangements, a great team of coworkers, a young and dynamic company structure, and a culture of participation and feedback.
You are excited about joining an international, diverse, interdisciplinary, young, enthusiastic, and talented team of researchers and software specialists? You have a growth mindset, thrive in fast-paced work environments, and enjoy working on hard problems? Then we are looking forward to hearing from you!
What you would do
- Evaluate and integrate state of the art SLAM/SfM approaches into our online analysis platform Pupil Cloud
- Work at the interface of our research and engineering teams to build scalable SLAM/SfM pipelines to be run on terabytes of video data
- Push the boundaries of SLAM/SfM by ideating, researching, and implementing novel solutions specifically tailored to our use cases
- Help shape our eye-tracking products by taking cutting-edge research from the lab into the real world
Who you are
- You hold a PhD degree in computer science, physics, applied mathematics, or similar OR have equivalent industry experience
- You have a deep understanding of SLAM and SfM approaches
- You have some experience with NeRFs (not a must)
- You are fluent in Python (and ideally C++)
- You are familiar with relevant libraries such as OrbSlam, COLMAP, etc.
- You are comfortable in written and spoken English
- A beautiful office in the heart of Berlin (wheelchair accessible)
- Up to two home-office days per week
- 10 mobile-office days per year
- Continued learning and professional development (we will sponsor you to attend relevant scientific/developer conferences - e.g. ICCV, ECCV, …)
- Flexible working hours
- Publishing of scientific articles
- 6 weeks of holidays per year
- Healthy work-life balance
Please submit your application here. You have questions about this position? Feel free to reach out: firstname.lastname@example.org (R&D lead).