Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Vision being the dominant human sense, eye tracking constitutes a powerful approach for understanding the human mind! Pupil Labs’ mission is to push the boundaries of technology and research by providing cutting-edge eye-tracking solutions that leverage latest advances in artificial intelligence, computer vision, and sensor technology.
Our products empower thousands of users in academia and industry, clinical surgeons, elite athletes, astronauts on the international space station, and many more. We enable new types of research and gaze-powered interfaces for assistive technology and human-computer interaction.
At Pupil Labs, we enjoy cracking hard problems at the intersection of research, development, and design. We seek innovative technological solutions and take pride in molding them into elegant products.
To support our efforts, we are looking to grow our research and development team in Berlin with a full-time Senior Machine Learning Engineer. Pupil Labs offers a competitive salary, flexible work arrangements, a great team of coworkers, stock options, a young and dynamic company structure, and a culture of participation and feedback.
You are excited about joining a diverse and enthusiastic team of researchers and software specialists that has disrupted the eye tracking industry? You have a growth mindset, thrive in fast-paced work environments, and enjoy sharing your knowledge and experience? Then we are looking forward to hearing from you!
- Develop and/or improve machine learning approaches in the field of eye tracking and egocentric vision.
- Drive projects from initial proposal to production-ready implementation.
- Contribute ideas and help shape future research directions.
- Work in close collaboration with the rest of the R&D team.
- Potentially lead small project teams.
- You have a strong background in math and computer science.
- You have a PhD in machine learning, computer science, physics, applied math, or equivalent industry experience.
- You have 3+ years of experience in solving machine learning problems.
- You are fluent in Python.
- Preferably you have experience with PyTorch.
- You are self-motivated and excited about pushing the state of the art.
- You are comfortable in written and spoken English.
- Our office is remote first during Covid-19 lock down and remote-friendly with partial home office options after the pandemic.
- You can publish scientific articles.
- Continue learning and develop professionally. - We will sponsor you to attend relevant scientific/developer conferences.
- Flexible working hours.
- 6 weeks of holidays per year.
If you are interested, please upload your CV and cover letter here