Machine Learning Engineer
Vision is the dominant human sense and thus vital for informing our understanding of the world. At Pupil Labs, we believe that eye tracking should be used to unlock the vast potential of the human mind. Our mission is to provide cutting-edge eye-tracking solutions. Already today, our products empower thousands of users in academia and industry, clinical surgeons, elite athletes, astronauts on the international space station, and many more. Unlocking the full potential of eye-tracking technology relies on solving hard research problems, ranging from core gaze-estimation algorithms employed in our head-mounted eye trackers to developing cloud-based algorithmic tools allowing for the high-level analysis of terabytes of egocentric video data (e.g. semantic segmentation, pose estimation, action recognition, SLAM, SfM, …).
The interdisciplinary R&D team at Pupil Labs, comprising members with backgrounds in Computer Science, Mathematics, and Physics, is tackling these challenges head on! In close collaboration with other engineering teams, we identify promising R&D avenues and take pride in seeing our results being swiftly integrated into the latest products shipped to our customers.
To support our efforts, we are looking to grow our R&D team in Berlin with a full-time Machine Learning Engineer.
Pupil Labs offers a competitive salary, flexible work arrangements, a great team of coworkers, a young and dynamic company structure, and a culture of participation and feedback.
You are excited about joining an international, diverse, interdisciplinary, young, enthusiastic, and talented team of researchers and software specialists? You have a growth mindset, thrive in fast-paced work environments, and enjoy working on hard problems? Then we are looking forward to hearing from you!
What you would do
- Develop and/or improve machine learning approaches in the field of eye tracking and egocentric vision
- Drive projects from initial proposal to production-ready implementation
- Contribute ideas and help shape future research directions
- Work in close collaboration with the rest of the R&D team
Who you are
- You have a strong background in math and computer science
- You have a PhD in machine learning, computer science, physics, applied math, or equivalent industry experience
- You have 3+ years of experience in solving machine learning problems
- You are fluent in Python
- Preferably you have experience with PyTorch
- You are self-motivated and excited about pushing the state of the art
- You are comfortable in written and spoken English
- A beautiful office in the heart of Berlin (wheelchair accessible)
- Partial home office options
- Continued learning and professional development (we will sponsor you to attend relevant scientific/developer conferences - e.g. ICCV, ECCV, …)
- Flexible working hours
- Publishing of scientific articles
- 6 weeks of holidays per year
- Healthy work-life balance
Please submit your application here. You have questions about this position? Feel free to reach out: email@example.com (R&D lead).