Senior Backend Engineer
Vision being the dominant human sense, eye tracking constitutes a powerful approach for understanding the human mind! Pupil Labs’ mission is to push the boundaries of technology and research by providing cutting-edge eye-tracking solutions that leverage latest advances in artificial intelligence, computer vision, and sensor technology.
Our products empower thousands of users in academia and industry, clinical surgeons, elite athletes, astronauts on the international space station, and many more. We enable new types of research and gaze-powered interfaces for assistive technology and human-computer interaction.
We are looking to hire a Senior Backend Engineer to join our team on a full-time basis either remotely or in our Berlin office.
You will be working on Pupil Cloud - our cloud-based storage, visualization, enrichment, and analysis platform for eye tracking recordings made with Pupil Invisible eye tracking glasses. This product addresses a number of exciting computational and infrastructural challenges that will involve close collaboration with our R&D and Design teams.
What you will be doing
You will be working with a team of software engineers to build and maintain a cloud-based storage, visualization, enrichment, and analysis platform. We are looking for someone who has a team mentality and enjoys contributing to service delivery planning and to mentoring junior developers.
What we’re looking for
- Ability to write clear, efficient and tested Python code
- Strong experience with relational databases
- Experience with web based apis/services
- Strong understanding of security
- Ability to test load/stress test systems
- You are highly independent and motivated
- You care deeply about performance
- A strong command of spoken and written English
- Experience with video processing in cloud systems
- Experience with working with cuda based dockerized workloads
- Experience working with partitioned datasets in ETL systems
Technology we use
Services we use
- Amazon AWS
- Our office is remote-friendly with partial home office options also after the pandemic.
- You can publish scientific articles.
- Continue learning and develop professionally; we will sponsor you to attend relevant scientific/developer conferences.
- Flexible working hours.
- 6 weeks of holidays per year.
- Healthy work-life balance
Please submit your application here.