Pupil Capture, Player, and Service Release v0.9.13
New feature release. We recommend updating Pupil Player and Capture to
- Fully synced audio: Audio is recorded with timestamps and merged with video when exported in Pupil Player. (Mac and Linux only for now).
- Pupil Player now supports recordings made locally with Pupil Mobile.
- Offline pupil detection: You can now do post-recording pupil (re)-detection. Just make sure you record the eye video in capture.
- Offline Calibration using markers: If you include calibrations in your recording you can calibrate after using this method.
- Offline Calibration using natural features: You can calibrate post-recording by clicking known gaze locations.
- Pupil Capture now has a
- Reverted back to old presets for 3d detection as they create more stable models.
- Pupil Time Sync is no longer a default plugin. This should be turned on when using groups and/or Pupil Mobile!
- Fixed a bug that allowed more than 2 eye processes to run.
- Improved libuvc performance on Windows (reduces CPU load).
- Numerous small fixes.
- Removed manual gaze correction. Let us know if this feature is really required.
Hotfixes within this release (v0.9.13-48)
- Fixed offline surface Tracker
- Fixed demo recording import
- Improved libuvc shutdown procedure
Documentation and Demo
We are still short on docs for the new player methods. Check out the demo video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPtwAkjNT2Q&list=PLi20Yl1k_57q2KXGIf125hdUrlDx79-xA
Windows Driver Installation
If you are installing Pupil on Windows 10 for the first time or after a windows update, please see Windows 10 driver setup instructions here.
As always we hope you enjoy the new release and please do let us know of any bugs. We look forward to your feedback!