Pupil Cloud releases
Here you will find a log of all features, changes, bug fixes, and developer notes for Pupil Cloud software.
Head Pitch & Roll Estimates are now available!
The Inertial Measurment Unit (IMU) sensor embedded in the Pupil Invisible Glasses frame provides measurements that can tell us how the wearer’s head is moving. This can be valuable if you want to measure when your subject is looking downwards vs upwards for example.
In this update we have made the outputs of the IMU much easier to work with. Instead of only reporting the raw outputs of the IMU (rotational speed and translational acceleration), we now include estimates of the absolute pitch and roll of the head.
This is part of the Raw Data Exporter. You can find more details about how the estimates are calculated in the docs!
Information on when the Glasses are worn now included in Raw Data Export
The gaze.csv file included in the Raw Data Export now contains a new column called worn that indicates whether the Pupil Invisible Glasses have been worn by a subject at the respective time point (1.0 = worn, 0.0 = not worn).
This data has previously only been available as part of the binary recording data.
Improved Export Format of Marker Mapper
We have updated the export format of the Marker Mapper to be easier to use:
We have added a new column detected markers to the aoi_positions.csv file that contains the IDs of all the markers detected in the respective frame. We have split the corner coordinates in image column in the aoi_positions.csv file in to a separate column per coordinate to make it easier to parse.
Do you have feedback you would like to share?
Reference Image Mapper
The Reference Image Mapper is a powerful enrichment that enables you to automatically map gaze to an object of interest. This enrichment works best when you provide optimal reference image and scanning recording, and understand the limitations of the tool. To make this easier we have created an explainer video and integrated it directly into the enrichment creator.
We also added the reference image that was used to create the enrichment in the download. This ensures that this important image is always available for further analysis.
Undistorted Gaze Overlay Videos
Pupil Invisible's world camera uses a wide-angle lens to capture a large field of view which introduces optical distortion. We have introduced a new setting to the Gaze Overlay enrichment that enables you to removing this distortion from the video.
In-App Feature Notifications
We are regularly adding new features to Pupil Cloud and want to make sure every user stays on top of what is currently available and possible. New features will be announced within Pupil Cloud itself.
- Improved: Enrichment statuses have been renamed for more clarity:
- ‘Processing’ is now ‘In progress’
- ‘Ready’ is now ‘Ready to Compute’
- ‘Computed’ is now ‘Done’
- Improved: Reference Image Mapper now accepts PNG images as well as JPG images.
- New: Volume controls! Now all video players in app have a volume slider. Tip: Click the volume icon to mute.
- New: Reference Image Mapper enrichment. This enrichment enables you to track areas of interest in your environment based on a reference image of them. See our blog post on this and the docs.
- Enrichment: Gaze Overlay Export enrichment. This enrichment enables you to export world video with gaze overlay directly from Pupil Cloud. See docs.
- New: Raw Data Export enrichment. This enrichment allows you to export all recording data in easy to use CSV and MP4 file formats for further processing. See docs.
- New: All data formats for all enrichments are now documented in detail in the docs.
- Improved: Help menu in left side bar has been updated for quicker access to all important resources.