August 3, 2017
New feature release. We recommend updating Pupil Player and Capture to
- Fully synced audio: Audio is recorded with timestamps and merged with video when exported in Pupil Player. (Mac and Linux only for now).
- Pupil Player now supports recordings made locally with Pupil Mobile.
- Offline pupil detection: You can now do post-recording pupil (re)-detection. Just make sure you record the eye video in capture.
- Offline Calibration using markers: If you include calibrations in your recording you can calibrate after using this method.
- Offline Calibration using natural features: You can calibrate post-recording by clicking known gaze locations.
- Pupil Capture now has a
- Reverted back to old presets for 3d detection as they create more stable models.
- Pupil Time Sync is no longer a default plugin. This should be turned on when using groups and/or Pupil Mobile!
- Fixed a bug that allowed more than 2 eye processes to run.
- Improved libuvc performance on Windows (reduces CPU load).
- Numerous small fixes.
- Removed manual gaze correction. Let us know if this feature is really required.
Hotfixes within this release (v0.9.13-48)
- Fixed offline surface Tracker
- Fixed demo recording import
- Improved libuvc shutdown procedure
Documentation and Demo
We are still short on docs for the new player methods. Check out the demo video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPtwAkjNT2Q&list=PLi20Yl1k_57q2KXGIf125hdUrlDx79-xA
Windows Driver Installation
If you are installing Pupil on Windows 10 for the first time or after a windows update, please see Windows 10 driver setup instructions here.