March 11, 2021
Please feel free to get in touch with feedback and questions via the #pupil channel on Discord! 😄
Pupil v3.2 focuses on quality-of-life and stability.
- We added accuracy calculation and visualisation for VR/AR calibrations.
- Enable plugins in Pupil Player only if they are able to be used with the product that created the recordings.
- Pupil Player has improved playback for Pupil Invisible recordings.
Accuracy visualisation and calculation for HMD calibrations - #2112
Prior to this release, when performing HMD calibration, accuracy was not calculated nor visualised in Pupil Capture. This release makes accuracy calculation and visualisation consistent across setups.
Product specicific Pupil Player plugin loading - #2100
Load plugins in Pupil Player only if they are able to be used with the product that created the recordings.
Pupil Player is a very flexible tool. It can load, playback, visualize, and export data from recordings made with Pupil Core, Pupil Mobile, and Pupil Invisible! Each of these products has different capabilities and data formats for their recordings.
We have evaluated all Pupil Player plugins and their validity for each product. Starting with this release, Pupil Player will only enable plugins that are suitable for the active recording type.
Here is a list of what plugins are available based on the product that generated the recording:
|Pupil Player Plugin||Pupil Core||Pupil Invisible||Pupil Mobile|
|Post-hoc pupil detection||✔️||➖||✔️|
|Post-hoc gaze calibration||✔️||➖||✔️|
|Pupil from recording||✔️||➖||➖|
|Gaze from recording||✔️||✔️||➖|
pye3d detection speed improvement
We are aware that pye3d requires more computational resources than its predecessor, and are actively working to improve the speed. For some users, it has become more difficult to reach a consistent detection rate of 200Hz.
The first step we have taken to speed up pye3d is to disable some optional computations that are not currently used by Pupil Capture and Pupil Player (jump to developer notes for details).
- Support recordings with decoding issues - #2107
- Support recordings when an audio device fails - #2103
- Fixed laggy playback after seeking on Pupil Invisible recordings - #2108
Python dependencies can be updated using
pip and the
python -m pip install --upgrade pip wheel pip install -r requirements.txt
pye3d v0.0.6 allows disabling optional computations. Pupil Core is not making use of these optional computations, they have been disabled, effectively reducing the computational load of pye3d pupil detections. Read about the changes here.
Release Note Updates
15.03.2021 - v3.2-16
- Fixes an issue causing Pupil Player to crash on Windows when enabling the eye video overlay or post-hoc pupil detection - #2117